Pages

Friday 28 December 2012

Entry No 13

My poster is going to be approximately 64 cm x 90 cm in size (two A2 thin cards joined together).
 
My first idea is to stick various pictures in the background, showing all the characters that had important roles in the films, different scenes and the locations - the left side of the poster relating to the 1968 film and the right side to the 1996 version.  In the middle part of the poster, lengthwise, I will put photos showing the faces of Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting, who acted as Romeo and Juliet in 1968 and those of Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes from the 1996 film.  The face of Romeo will be split in half, the left part of the face showing Leonard Whiting and the right side showing Leonardo DiCaprio.  Similarly will be done with the pictures of the actresses who played the part of Juliet.  Apart from the changes in the actor/actresses’ faces, I will also focus on their costumes, the weapons and the means of transportation that were used.  After I finish glueing the pictures, I will extend them by drawing out from their edges (photomontage technique).  I will be using acrylic paints.
 
My second idea is to do a collage with the pictures that I find in the magazines/brochures and the internet, separating those related to the 1968 version from those of the 1996 film.  However, I will link them with a message (showing text) in the middle of the poster.  The story used is the same – the tragedy written by William Shakespeare – therefore the message that comes out from both films should be the same.  This idea regarding the message comes from my previous research on conceptual artist Barbara Kruger.

Another idea that comes to my mind is to sketch the main characters, using pop art – I am mostly inspired by Roy Lichtenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment